Monday, March 12, 2012

Nervous energy and how my colors came to be...

Not much to report - Charlie wasn't his usual outstanding self and I'm not really sure why.  He just seemed really high-strung today.  He was a little bit like that yesterday but I attributed it to the kids screaming next door.

I didn't have such a swell day so we just did some trot and canter sets in the big field.  I didn't really want to get into a fight as I knew my patience was at an all time low so I just sent him forward into the bridle and for the most part he was pretty good.  Hopefully tomorrow is better.

So I thought I would let you all in on how I got my "colors."  A little history first - back in the day (and yes I'm allowed to say that!), everyone had "colors."  And you know what, I liked it because you always knew who was who by their helmet covers.  Bruce Davidson always had red and yellow, Denny Emmerson was typically in hunter green, Mike Plumb was always in black, Torrance Watkins was the lady in yellow, and well, you get the picture.  Nowadays, it seems "colors" aren't as important.  But I like my chevron helmet cover and I'm keeping it.  Now for how I ended up with navy blue and grey.  I didn't really pick these colors, they were kind of chosen for me.  My grandmother gave me a blanket, a halter and a lead rope that were navy blue and grey when I was about 7 or 8 and that is where my colors come from.  Not really sure why I stuck with them but I did.  My mom picked the chevron pattern for my helmet and there you go - I really had no say in my "colors" or my helmet pattern.  I guess I must like them because I haven't changed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment