Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My horse is in an abusive relationship...

...and he's the abuser!  Charlie is now turned out with Sadie (an older mare who has competed through Prelim as well as having a few babies) and he is so mean to her!  And for some reason, she loves him!  Runs the fence line when I take him out to ride and whinny's when I take him to a lesson.  It's too funny that she knows what the horse trailer is for.

I didn't ride this weekend because 1) I had to go to Atlanta on Saturday AND Sunday (Sunday was not planned) and 2) it was freezing out, literally!  I know I said I was going to be tougher about the whole cold thing but it really was freezing - the wind was ridiculous!  I did ride on Monday, just on the flat.  I worked on transitions and Charlie definitely tells me when I collapse.  I'm pretty good in the walk-trot transitions but not so much during the canter transitions.  I tend to collapse really badly to the right so when I ask for the right lead canter, he picks up the left.  Very good reminder for me.  I think this really stems from my core weakness.

I did ride today but just went for a 20 minute walk as I have a pretty bad cold and was miserable for just about the whole day.  I think I'm on the mend though so keep your fingers crossed.  I joined a gym last week and plan on doing the personal trainer thing.  I honestly need the help/accountability.  Not really excited about spending the money but I think if I can get to where I want to be, I can maintain it.  I'm a pretty healthy eater, I just hate working out!

Jumping of some sort tomorrow!  Oh, almost forgot!  I signed up to volunteer at the Pine Top Advanced Horse Trials in 2 weeks.  I *think* I'll be jump judging an easy fence on the advanced cross country.  Should be lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment